Connex Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a school based in Mansfield, to work on a full-time basis, starting ASAP, for the remainder of the year.
You will be required to work with a specialist provision providing support for pupils aged between 11-19 with complex learning needs. Assisting with their learning and social development skills in both a classroom setting and outside of the classroom wherever required.
As the successful learning mentor, you will be a confident, independent professional who can demonstrate their commitment into supporting young people with special educational needs. You must be confident in your ability to manage challenging behaviour and support and motivate young people to succeed.
Resilience is key to this position as you must be adaptable to challenging situations and willing to use initiative when working on a 1:1 basis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
– To provide morale and social/family support to designated young person
– To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
– To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
– To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
– To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas
– Evidence of working with challenging behaviour
– Awareness of safeguarding young people
– High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
– Good communication skills
– Team player
Connex Education will in turn offer you:
– Support from a dedicated consultant whenever needed.
– Ongoing CPD opportunities via our sister company, The Thirsty Scholars Partnership
– Ability to join our cohort of trainee teachers and gain a PGCE with QTS*
– Opportunities with specialist provisions across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion.
If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 0115 8243002 or email: email@example.com for more information.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
Secondary School Support Officer £65-£75 Per Day Are you a recent graduate looking to gain experience in a school environment...Apply For This Job
Are you an recent Graduate with a desire to work within Education and an ambition to become a teacher? Do...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are currently seeking a KS2 teaching assistant to join a fantastic primary school in the Liverpool area. We...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are looking for qualified Teachers to work with a number of excellent primary schools and academies around Leicestershire,...Apply For This Job
Location: Solihull Job Role: Primary Teacher with QTS Start Date: 7th June 2 Tutors required Monday to Friday 9am to...Apply For This Job
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Primary Tutor to work...Apply For This Job