Connex Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a client school based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire to start on a full-time basis as of September 2021.
You will be required to work at an SEMH provision for pupils aged between 11-16 with social, emotional, mental health. Assisting with their learning and social development skills being both classroom and off site based.
The successor of this vacancy will be a confident, independent professional who is and can demonstrate their commitment into supporting young people with special educational needs.
Resilience is key to this position as you must be adaptable to challenging situations and willing to use initiative when working on a 1:1 basis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
– To provide morale and social/family support to designated young person.
– To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
– To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
– To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
– To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas.
– Evidence of working with challenging behaviour.
– Awareness of safeguarding young people.
– High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
– Good communication skills
– Team player
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion.
If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 02476 633 334 or email: Jasmine.Grey@connex-education.com.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
Connex Education are currently recruiting a specialist Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting children with Autism to work at a...Apply For This Job
Connex Education Partnership are working exclusively with several Primary Schools located in the general region of Southport. Due to increase...Apply For This Job
A SEND Primary and Secondary School with an excellent reputation in North Warwickshire, is seeking to appoint a qualified Sports...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are currently recruiting for a Primary Tutor to work in Boothstown, either on a full time or part-time...Apply For This Job
Connex Education is currently recruiting Qualified Nursery Nurses/Practitioners to work within South East London. Hourly Rate of Pay – £9.50-£11.00....Apply For This Job