Connex Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a school based in Nottingham city, to work on a full-time basis, starting in September, for the full academic year.
Within this role you will be working in a busy Secondary academy, providing support for pupils aged between 11-19 with complex learning needs. Assisting with their learning and social development skills in both a classroom setting and outside of the classroom wherever required.
As the successful learning mentor, you will be a confident, independent professional who can demonstrate their commitment into supporting young people with special educational needs. You must be confident in your ability to manage challenging behaviour and support and motivate young people to succeed.
Resilience is key to this position as you must be adaptable to challenging situations and willing to use initiative when working on a 1:1 basis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
– To provide morale and social/family support to designated young person
– To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
– To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
– To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
– To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas
– Evidence of working with challenging behaviour
– Awareness of safeguarding young people
– High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
– Good communication skills
– Team player
Connex Education will in turn offer you:
– Support from a dedicated consultant whenever needed.
– Ongoing CPD opportunities via our sister company, The Thirsty Scholars Partnership
– Ability to join our cohort of trainee teachers and gain a PGCE with QTS*
– Opportunities with specialist provisions across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion.
If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 0115 8243002 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
Connex Education Partnership are working exclusively with a fantastic primary school located in the general region of Netherley. This school...Apply For This Job
Cover Supervisor – Sutton Coldfield If you have the drive to pursue a career in education, looking to develop into...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are currently recruiting for a Math Tutor to work in a school in Hindley, to work on a...Apply For This Job
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Secondary Maths Tutor to...Apply For This Job
Connex education is recruiting a qualified teacher to begin in September working with a primary aged student who is non-verbal...Apply For This Job