Connex Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a client school based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire to start on a full-time basis as of September 2021.
You will be required to work at an independent, Autism provision for pupils aged between 11-19 with complex learning needs. Assisting with their learning and social development skills being both classroom and off site based.
The successor of this vacancy will be a confident, independent professional who is and can demonstrate their commitment into supporting young people with special educational needs.
Resilience is key to this position as you must be adaptable to challenging situations and willing to use initiative when working on a 1:1 basis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
– To provide morale and social/family support to designated young person.
– To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
– To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
– To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
– To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas.
– Evidence of working with challenging behaviour.
– Awareness of safeguarding young people
– High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
– Good communication skills
– Team player
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion.
If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 02476 633 334 or email: Jasmine.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Primary Tutor to work...Apply For This Job
I am looking for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a student with Social, Emotional and...Apply For This Job
Are you an NQT that has recently qualified but still a little unsure of which way to turn? Not found...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are currently on the search for an experienced Sports Coach to support as a key worker for a...Apply For This Job
Connex Education Partnership are currently recruiting for several Cover Supervisors to work on a daily. We have daily requests each...Apply For This Job