Connex Education are currently looking to recruit a passionate Learning Support Assistant to join our client schools expanding team in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
This position will be working in an independent special school based in the Weddington area which specialises in providing care and education for young people with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH).
The school caters for children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet.
The qualifying Learning Support Assistant will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes. We are looking for the next member to join our clients’ team to enhance their learning experience.
Due to the needs of their Young People, experience of working with autistic/SEN students is beneficial as the main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and behaviour assistance for an allocated class or pupil.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
– To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
– To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
– To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
– To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
– To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
– To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas.
– Evidence of working with challenging behaviour.
– Awareness of safeguarding young people
– High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
– Good communication skills
– Team player
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion. If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today or get in touch with our office on 02476 633 334 or email: Jasmine.Grey@connex-education.com.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Maths, English and Science...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are urgently recruiting Qualified Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants, for temporary assignments in Waterloo/Central London. Going into the...Apply For This Job
A well established Nursery providing early year’s education and childcare Monday – Friday (Term Time only), and provides children with...Apply For This Job
As an approved National Tutoring Program Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a tutor of Maths to...Apply For This Job
English KS3/4 tutors – Face to face tutoring. – To start in March. – Full time or Part time hours...Apply For This Job