Connex education is currently seeking to recruit special needs teachers to work in Wolverhampton with students who currently do not have a school placement. To be considered for this role you must hold QTS or equivalent and have at least 6 months experience teaching in a special needs setting. While working as a home tutor you would be working 1:1 with students from various backgrounds and different needs.
Students ages can range from reception to further education; however, you will be placed with a student in the key stage you feel most confident and experienced in teaching. You will be responsible for developing engaging lesson plans and activities for the students, every student will have specific learning needs therefore it is vital you are confident in your ability to deliver 1:1 lessons while adapting where needed.
You will be required to:
– Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
– De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
– Create a calm and positive learning environment
– Assist with the development and implementation of the educational health care plan (EHCP)
– Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Flexible hours (4-5 days per week)
Start date: ASAP
– QTS / QTLS
– Minimum 6 months experience teaching within a special school or exceptional experience within a mainstream setting working one to one with an SEMH student
– Team Teach or MAPA training (Preferred)
– Driving license (Preferred)
– Up to date Safeguarding certificate (To be completed through Connex Education Partnership)
– An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to email@example.com
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex candidates receive a range of benefits aside from diverse opportunities for experience, including free online training, the support of a dedicated consultant, and a great pro-rata holiday system.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
Connex Education are currently recruiting a Learning Mentor for a client school based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire to start on a...Apply For This Job
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Maths, English and Science...Apply For This Job
Connex Education are currently recruiting an experienced SEN Primary Teacher to work on a 3-day, part-time basis at a lovely...Apply For This Job
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Year 6 Tutor to...Apply For This Job
Full Time Year 1 Teacher ASAP Start Temp – Perm Connex Education are currently looking to recruit a Year 1...Apply For This Job