Connex education is currently seeking to recruit special needs teachers to work with students who currently do not have a school placement in September. To be considered for this role you must hold QTS or equivalent and have at least 6 months experience teaching in a special needs setting. While working as a home tutor you would be working 1:1 with students from various backgrounds and different needs.
Students ages can range from reception to further education; however, you will be placed with a student in the key stage you feel most confident and experienced in teaching. You will be responsible for developing engaging lesson plans and activities for the students, every student will have specific learning needs therefore it is vital you are confident in your ability to deliver 1:1 lessons while adapting where needed.
You will be required to:
– Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
– De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
– Create a calm and positive learning environment
– Assist with the development and implementation of the educational health care plan (EHCP)
– Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Location: Across Birmingham and Coventry
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Flexible hours (4-5 days per week)
Start date: September 2021
– QTS / QTLS
– Minimum 6 months experience teaching within a special school or exceptional experience within a mainstream setting working one to one with an SEMH student
– Team Teach or MAPA training (Preferred)
– Driving license (Preferred)
– Up to date Safeguarding certificate (To be completed through Connex Education Partnership)
– An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.
As an approved National Tutoring Programme Tuition Partner, Connex Education Partnership is currently recruiting for a Secondary Maths Tutor to...Apply For This Job
SEND Teacher – Coventry We are currently seeking a Teacher for a SEND provision in Coventry. The school is considered...Apply For This Job
Role: Tutor Start date: September 2021 Hours: Monday to Friday Location: Derby Key Stage : KS1 and KS2 As an...Apply For This Job
Job Type: Temporary, Full Time Location: Wolverhampton Connex Education are currently recruiting for a caring and nurturing SEN Teaching Assistant...Apply For This Job
Learning Support – Sports Focus. We can support the appointment of a Learning Support Assistant to provide 1:1 support as...Apply For This Job